A dessert binge is every sweet lover’s dream come true. Delhi is one such city that is bursting with decadent desserts at almost every corner. If you are looking forward to visiting the city, then get ready to book cheap flights from Pune to Delhi or from whichever city you are in because here is a list of 7 of the best eateries in Delhi that offer mouth-watering desserts:
1) Elma’s bakery: This quaint little bakery has some of the best desserts that Delhi has to offer, located at Hauz Khas village in Delhi. Though this is a slightly expensive option, the quality of food and the taste will definitely give you your money’s worth. The best part about this bakery is that it is open till 1 AM every day which makes it the perfect place for those late-night dessert cravings. This place has a varied dessert selection, but the must-try desserts include the Tiramisu, Banoffee Pie, Blueberry Cheesecake and Pancakes.
2) Theobroma: Theobroma is a cafe and bakery chain in Mumbai and Delhi. Their tagline reads “food of the gods” so saying they have good desserts is an understatement. Their customer service is said to be on point, and as a customer, one will leave feeling satisfied with the overall experience. Must-try desserts here include the Cheesecake, Tiramisu and Crème Caramel. However, this place is known best for its delicious soft, chewy and gooey brownies. They have a few bestsellers including a walnut brownie and Oreo brownie.
3) L’Opera: This is a full-fledged dessert bar at Khan Market in Delhi. This restaurant gives you a literal sugar rush with their many desserts and pastries that are inspired by authentic French delicacies. The decor of the cafe is kept very similar to that of Parisian cafes. Must try desserts here include Chocolate Eclair, Opera Cake and their infamous Lemon Meringue Tart. For those who love croissants and macaroons and everything French, look no further!
4) Maison Des Desserts: Maison Des Desserts is another cafe cum bakery which is more of a home-style patisserie. It is located at the Hauz Khas village, and their speciality is said to be authentic freshly prepared gourmet desserts. The management at this restaurant says that their ingredients used are sourced from authentic sources, thus giving the desserts their delicious flavour. Their most famous desserts include Hot Chocolate, Waffles, Chocolate Mousse and Banoffee Pie. Their red velvet cake is also said to be one of the best in the city.
5) Whipped: Located at Greater Kailash 2 (GK2), this is one of the most highly rated dessert boutiques in the city. It is a small but colourful cafe which specializes in Italian baked goods, ice-creams with a twist as well as some traditional desserts. It is extremely popular throughout South Delhi for its soft cakes, especially the Cheesecake. So, wait no more, book cheap flights from Pune to Delhi because this cafe is worth it. Must-try here includes the Chocolate Mud pie, Chocolate Truffle Cake and the New York Cheesecake.
6) Wafflesome: Located at Greater Kailash 1 (GK1), it is one of the prettiest dessert cafes in the city. Decorated with fairy lights, this cosy cafe is said to serve the best waffles ever. They have about seven basic flavours of waffles available, and you can customize it depending on your favourite toppings. Some waffles that you must try are Chocolate Nutella, Blueberry and Banana Toffee.
7) Big Chill Cakery: The Big Chill Cakery is more of a dessert heaven than a dessert parlour. It has a huge selection of desserts to choose from. What sets this bakery apart is the friendly and prompt service of the staff. It is also not a very expensive option to try. Their specialities include Raspberry Brownie, Raspberry Cheesecake, Coffee Ice Cream and Tiramisu. Their Banoffee cake is also a must-try.